Where's your Chief Collaboration Officer ?
Do you have a Chief Collaboration Officer ??
MS Office has grown into such a large platform, and as Office Zealot's im sure you would agree, we don't see our client's utilizing even a small portion of the collaboration features that are available.. As our clients move towards Office 2007, there's a true opportunity to change the way employees and partners work together, in a much more collaborative way..
Core features included with Windows Servers (WSS) + Office provide a powerful collaboration platform, the challenge has been ensuring clients learn how to use these features.. Combined with templates from Microsoft, many common business processes such as Recruiting, Lightweight Project Management, Employee Reviews, etc.. (the list goes on)
With a significant amount invested into MS Office by large companies, it really seem's that the ROI is there to have someone dedicated to driving the education and deployment of these feature sets.. (usually already owned)..
Here's my Job Description
- Can talk to business users, and understand their needs, and gather their trust
- Able to identify paint points and scenario's for automation
- Develop an methodology to collect scenario's
- Able to identify champions inside business units, to delegate local responsibilities
- Able to demonstrate core office / Sharepoint functionality with no prep time
- Able to deploy a SharePoint template or WebPart without asking IT
- Identification of scenarios, which can be templated, and applied across the enterprise.
- Great Communicator
- Process Driven is a plus
- Previous FrontPage experience is a plus << Ha ha >>
Being able to write code is not a requirement :-)
I would be interested to see if there are organizations who already have someone performing this role